Monday, September 10, 2012

Don't close your eyes, Time flies; Welcome to the Future

When you're little it's hard to imagine anything being cooler than what you already have or own.  For example, how could I ever think that my plain stuffed kitty in a few years would be a battery operated "Fur-real Friend" that could walk, meow and blink its eyes.  However, stuffed walking kitty cats are the least of technological advancements that have taken place in my life.  The two that stick out the most in my head would be video cameras and the internet.  I recall my parents video-taping me when I was little...often.  Most of the videos were recorded on little tapes that had to be inserted into a VHS to be watched.  Today, when my nephew or niece are doing something adorable and camera worthy we all simply pull out our Iphones and start recording.  The second technological change that has made a difference in my life and many others is the internet.  I can instant message from my phone, my computer with simple access today.  Unfortunately, when I was younger specifically 5th grade to recall it wasn't as simple.  I remember wanting to get onto AOL Instant Messenger and having to wait for the dreadful dial-up to finally connect me so I could get online and chat with my friends.  However, only for a short time because being online tied up the phone line and my mother always would pick up the phone and disconnect me, oh how times have changed.  Welcome to the Future.

No comments:

Post a Comment