Monday, September 10, 2012

Letters to Juliet

Through the years I have collected a pretty good amount of letters, notes, cards etc. from friends, lovers and even family.  Those are memories that I can keep, cherish and recollect forever.  I can't say the same for recent days. I have some wall posts and text messages that say I love you or I miss you, but who's to say my phone won't break or Facebook won't be abolished in 10 years and I'll lose everything on it.  The song "We Used to Wait" by Arcade Fire emphasizes on our lack of intimacy and effort in communication today.  After reading the lyrics and other classmates interpretations I came to my own conclusion.  The song is comparing the lack of intimacy and meaning in today's communication to the same lack of intimacy and meaning in today's relationships.  Today just like communication, love comes easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment